Thursday, August 14, 2008

Osteoarthritis: Lynn's story

The following is Lynn's story about her osteoarthritis in both knees and her success with chiropractic and acupuncture in treating it:

Dr. Witter has helped me tremendously. Before meeting Dr. Witter, I couldn’t bend my left knee. I couldn’t even roll over at night without it waking me up in pain. I limped when I walked. I hurt all the time.

Although I have osteoarthritis in both of my knees, my left knee is worse than my right but, due to various injuries, neither one has any cartilage left. I wish I could say the injuries were due to playing sports—something fun---but they weren’t. Even now with the excellent care of Dr. Witter and her staff, I have an electric scooter that I use when I am at the mall or shopping because pounding bone on bone for an extended period of time can be very painful.

I’ll never forget my first appointment with Dr. Witter. I cried in pain when she lifted my leg only two inches. She gave me my first chiropractic adjustment ever. Then she did acupuncture on me and gave me some exercises to do. I am religious about my exercises. I do them in exactly the way she taught me to, the exact number of times recommended. One thing I have learned is that more is not better with exercises. She also started me on chrondoitin, glucosomine, bromelain and horse chestnutt.

Within a week of that first appointment, I felt a difference. And within six weeks my leg could go up over my head! It was amazing! My orthopedist was so impressed, he refused to give me what was to be my first injection of artificial cartilage that I was scheduled for. He wanted her card and wanted to know exactly what she was doing. When I told him everything, including acupuncture, he said “I know acupuncture works. They’ve done it on dogs and dogs don’t know anything about the placebo affect.”

Our goal was for me to go dancing again. I just recently did this on my birthday and when I told Dr. Witter her face just lit up---she was so happy for me.

Susan again: Because of a former injury years ago, my husband has no cartilage on one of his knees. Within a few months of taking Sam-E, he could jog on that knee again. Soon, he could run.... and does, everyday now, four miles a day. This is a personal miracle in his life, and it may be for you as well.

Curtis had started Sam-E to help him access emotions, and this was an added fringe benefit. Off of the stuff, and he found, surprisingly, that he can access his emotions better, but he had to stop running because his knees hurt so much. Needless to say, he went back on Sam-E.

What does this mean to you? It means that if you have trouble accessing emotions and you don't have any cartilage, try Sam-E. Get a good brand. it also means, DON'T TAKE SAM E IF YOU ARE BIPOLAR!

Let me repeat that: DON'T TAKE SAM E IF YOU ARE BI POLAR OR EVEN HAVE BI POLAR TENDANCIES. One bipolar friend was taking Sam E, recommended by her wholistic chiropractor who had no idea my friend can so easily access so many emotions on both ends of the scale! When I saw her, she was a couple of weeks in taking Sam E and had overwhelming thoughts of suicide. She said she just couldn't imagine a reason to go on living. I had known her for a quarter of a century, and NEVER once had her problems so overwhelmed her.... and I had seen her suffer the loss of a husband as well as her mother and father. So, I immediately said, go off of your Sam E. She did. Within about 1-2 days, she was back to her old self again. She had been taking Sam E to improve her immune system. I told her, honey, there a lots of ways to improve your immune system! You don't have to take one that makes you suicidal to do so!

But let's get back to why I wrote this article: Sam E is great for building cartilage. If you have no serious mood swings, and you want to build cartilage, give it a try, perhaps in addition to chiropractic and acupuncture. If you have serious mood swings, then try chiropractic and acupuncture only. My point being, you have a lot of options. YEA!!!

No comments: