Tuesday, August 5, 2008

An Unbelievable Decongestant

White Flower "analgesic balm" is also an unbelievable decongestant. For me, with this cold, it has been working better than any decongestant or expectorant I have ever taken. And it does this without speeding up my heart like many decongestants, or making me drowsy and sleepy like many expectorants.

You can buy White Flower at your health food store. I tried attaching a picture to my blog so that you could know what you are looking for, but for some reason, blogger is cooperating with me today. It is a tiny box and often hard to find. Ask for it. Even new emplyees know where it is because it is asked for so much.

And White Flower is quite a bargain at $4.99 for .34 fluid ounces, when very little will last a while. For me, depending on how decongested I am, I have smeared the stuff on my upper chest (very decongested) , or put a few drops on my shirt (not so decongested).

White Flower is a blend of essential oils that work: 40% wintergreen, 15% menthol, 6% Camphor, with inactive ingredients listed as eucalyptus, lavender and peppermint. These may be inactive for pain but not for nasal and chest congestion. I know from past experiences that eucalyptus and peppermint are powerful decongestants and that lavender is a powerful antiviral, anti fungal, antibacterial agent. Somehow this whole combination works great, and is much cheaper than if you were to buy the essential oils individually, at about an average of $10 each, and combine them.

Within about five minutes of applying White Flower, I can breathe better and my nose starts running.(decongestant) Within about fifteen minutes. after blowing my nose a few times, I am breathing without hearing that rattle trap stuff going on in my chest (expectorant).

And quite frankly, those first days when I felt much worse, I even spread some on my cheek where my sinuses are, keeping my eyes closed for about fifteen minutes. It does but the eyes a bit, but oh my, the effect was quite dramatic and quick. REally awesome.

I think this will help you too. I found out about White Flower as a decongestant when I worked at Brazos Natural Foods. Repeatedly, mothers would come in and buy it for their children. Each swore by the stuff. I remember one mother coming in and telling me all she had to do was put one or two drops on her toddlers shirt front, and viola, her daughter was congestion free throughout the day. She would repeat this at night. Stories like that stay with you as an employee. So much positive effect for so little money.

I would give you a company link to hit, but they don't have one. Their telephone number is (650) 591-9465, if you want to find out who carries it close to where you live.

Hope this helps you too! It is a lot of bang for the buck. Good Luck!

No comments: