Monday, June 23, 2008

Arctic Cod Liver Oil


I can promise you, if you tell your traditional, western trained medical doctor you are taking arctic cod liver oil, they will say nothing bad about it. Well, other than, yuck how gross is that taste, etc.
Actually if you buy a good brand, and any medicinal brand is good, the taste isn't all that noticeable. I didn't believe it at first, but it is true. And if you still can't stand the taste, Dr. Poole tells her patients to buy the capsules and stick them in the freezer, and take them at night. This avoids any burping, or knowing you have taken it, LOL.
I was told by my medical doctor, an eye doctor interestingly enough, load dose is one tablespoon (six capsules) morning and evening for about six weeks, then cut back to once a day. Curtis and I try to work in a tablespoon twice a day, which means we make it about once a day average LOL. This has worked well for everyone I have told about it.
After about two months, figure out what is better in your life. I know some people who are no longer constipated, some who have less inflammation (next blog), some who have better thinking, more clear, etc. some who have better eyesight (which is why my eye doctor told me to take it ;-) The most pronounced changes I have heard of were of a friend whose 7 year old daughter, diagnosed bipolar, was able to avoid pharmaceutical drugs.
To find out more about the inflammation, (a study) read my next blog!
Recipe of the Day
Simple, easy brunch drink. I had no idea that people didn't know what Mimosas are till this past weekend when they were served at the 50th wedding anniversary of some friends. So, here goes:
Mimosas
1/2 champagne
1/2 orange juice
As with any simple recipe, the key is in the ingredients. The best champagnes to use or 'brut' or dry to contrast and not overwhelm the total sweetness of the orange juice. The brands I like to use, and most easy to find everywhere are Cooks or Frexinet (sp). The best juice to use is fresh squeezed. If you don't want to squeeze your own, and if you live near a Central Market or a Whole Foods, you can buy fresh squeezed there. It is a little luxury that is well worth it. However, at this anniversary party, they used Minute maid, with pulp and it tasted quite good as well.
If you are having friends over for a brunch, make quiche the night before. Serve with ice cold Mimosa's and tiny little, hot, crunchy toast squares. Fun, easy. Enjoy!

No comments: