Friday, June 20, 2008

My First Visit with Dr. Manso

Well, I was scared. I was terrified.
Let me give you today's inspiration, because it is the one that allowed me to turn that door handle to his office, and step foot inside: You never fail until you quit trying.
And I was determined to not quit trying to find health.
After all, Dr. Witter liked him. She respected him. And by now, I was sold on Dr. Witter. So, I inferred, that if I was sold on her, and she was sold on Dr. Manso, I, therefore, would be sold on Dr. Manso as well.
I was.
The first thing I read on a smallish plaque to the left of the sign in window was this:
"Our mission is to provide the most healing, individualized, holistic medical advice with Christian love, cost effectiveness, and the highest integrity."

Throughout all of my years now with Dr. Manso, I have found this to be true. And the end result has been fantastic and very cost effective. Whereas I once went to that office every month, I now go once a year. What does that tell you? Whereas I once was very, very sick with many, many illnesses and symptoms, I am now very, very well, symptom free. What does that tell you?
Whereas I once had a stage one to two, enlarged heart, my heart has now shrunk due to a combination of western, Japanese, and Chinese medicine skillfully administered by Dr. Manso. What does that tell you?
Ask any western medical doctor, nurse, or pharmacist if enlarged hearts shrink due to pharmaceuticals and see what they say? One more stage of enlargement, and my heart and I would have been put on a heart transplant list.
Remember Denny from Grey's Anatomy? He and I have the exact same illness. Only I have to tell you, a little aside here, as sick as he was supposed to be, as sick as I was just one stage away from him, I seriously doubt he could have been able to carry a 'I am in love with you' thought, hug, much less kiss....there I said it...writers, what do they know?
I would watch those shows and shout to my tv "get that boy on some CoQ10, and some Hawthorne".
But I have digressed. Point being, Dr. Manso was wonderful for me, and just like his mission statement says, cost effective. My dear husband Curtis puts it very bluntly, "Death is never cost effective."

Recipe of the day: and really good for hearts since we have been discussing hearts ;-)

Tomato and Avocado Plate
  • One fresh vine ripened tomato, sliced
  • One ripe avocado sliced.
  • really good balsamic vinegar...the expensive $16 a bottle kind
Arrange, alternately, on a plate the avocado and tomato slices. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over it all. Grind fresh sea salt and fresh pepper over it all. DIVINE. Simply divine. I just got through eating it. It is one of my favorite little summer salads to eat. No, I don't even know if it is a recipe, per se. Who cares? It's good and I wanted to include it so you can try it too.

Joke of the Day:
This is a true story. Mine. Our five year old grandson, Tyler, told us he has a girlfriend, (in his Catholic preschool by the way). "How do you know she is your girlfriend?" I asked him. He replied, with his five year old logic, "because I want her to be." You might not think this is funny, but being the grandmother, I, of course, thought this was just hilarious. All my husband and I could think of was 'let's watch this and see if he has pretty much the same attitude in ten years, twenty years.'

No comments: