Thursday, June 19, 2008

Albert and Acupuncture



Don't you just LOVE this picture? I do. It is of Albert and Karen Saenz. Obviously, in love, LOL. And it is as lovely as the couple really is. I found it on the web, but it has got to be their engagement photo. I thought for sure I would find his realtor picture, but this popped up instead. Yes, the same Albert I have been talking about with the foot injury healed with one acupuncture treatment. I include it to make him more real to you. Here is his actual story:


I discovered the power of acupuncture because of a running injury. I had gone for an all over acupuncture body check a few months before. I am a realtor and the acupuncturist was a client of mine. So, I went, and didn't really feel any difference.

Shortly thereafter, I came up with this running injury. It was plantar fasciatis, the worst possible running injury you could get, other than breaking a bone. Plantar fasciatis takes the longest time to recover. It is the inflammation of the plantar fascia which is located on the bottom of your heel.

Soon, I started getting depressed because I couldn't run. So, I tried everything. I spent over $1000. I spent it on a chiropractor, physical therapy, running doctors, foot doctors, and sports massage. I tried everything. (Albert has insurance, these were co pays.) I was stretching like crazy, using hot/cold treatments, and massaging my foot daily.

After about six months of this, I was visiting my client, the acupuncturist, about a real estate transaction. I mentioned my foot injury. She said, "Oh, well, why don't you let me treat you?" I asked, "Well, how does that work?" I really didn't believe acupuncture could work for a foot injury, but I tried it anyway.


The treatment lasted about 30-40 minutes. The needles were placed specifically to address my foot injury. There was one needle that was right on the affected area of my foot. When she pulled this needle out, I felt the pain escape with it. It was really weird.

For the next two days, however, I was in such pain I called her every nasty name I could think of. And then the third, fourth, and fifth days, I felt more normal. By the end of the week, I had almost forgotten about the injury. About that time, she called me and she asked, "How's your foot?" And I said, "It's not hurting anymore." She said, "don't run on it, let it rest."

Of course, I ignored that advice. And I started running. The injury to my foot was gone. And it hasn't come back.

That was about five years ago. See, ya'll, acupuncture works! If you want to know more about Albert and Austin real estate, this is his blog: http://albertsaenz.wordpress.com/ ...you will find another lovely picture of the two of them together on the lake. Sometimes just finding out more about a person lets you know, this person is real and this (today it is acupuncture) really works for them. That is why I started this whole blog to begin with, to give you real people to relate to, including me, who have been there done that so that you don't have to. I don't want you sick or in pain if there is anything out there that can help you ;-)

And by the way, if you are interested in Austin real estate investment, NOBODY knows east Austin real estate better than Albert. I have been a realtor in Austin. I know Realtors, and I know real estate. NOBODY knows Austin east better than Albert. It is the new hot investment area. Albert and Karen live there and work there. If you want to know more about Karen and her art (excellent, see for yourself) hit her site too ;-) http://www.karensaenz.com/

Inspiration of the Day: (Again from the HAPPY PEOPLE book by David Niven, p.55)
Don't think "what if". Spending your time imagining what would have been if you could have changed some little thing, some little decision in your life, is counterproductive, and leaves you unhappy think about how you can improve for the future, but don't waste your present thinking about how you could have changed the past.

Obviously, Albert really wishes he had seen the acupuncturist FIRST, immediately after his foot injury. But I know Albert. He would NEVER waste time dwelling on that fact. He is just grateful he found acupuncture when he did and wants to make sure you have an acupuncturist you can call on for anything.

As I have often said, and what this whole blog is about, you need a holistic pharmacist (remember, it was Albert who referred me to Peoples Pharmacy), a holistic medical doctor, a holistic chiropractor and a holistic acupuncturist. (and yes, you can be like me and have your medical doctor and your chiropractor also be your acupuncturists).

Recipe of the Day

EASY SUMMER GRAPEFRUIT SALAD

One Jar Pink Grapefruit
One cup raisins
One cup pecans, whole or coarsely chopped

Dump it all in a bowl, mix together. Cover and place in the fridge. Let sit for eight hours. Gotta get those little raisins all plumped up. Serve.

It lasts for a while in the fridge, but is eaten quickly. You can do this the night before to have with breakfast or brunch. You can do the in the morning before rushing off for your day, and serve with dinner at night.











Joke of the Day (and supposedly a true story)


Dear Ann,


I think I can top the person who wrote complaining about the idiocy of the phone company. Talk about garbage in, garbage out!When AT&T split with Bell, we had three phones in our house. The equipment belonged to Ma Bell and the service belonged to AT&T. After we returned all the phone equipment to Ma Bell, we received a bill for $0.00. A few weeks later, we received a check for $5 and a note thanking us. Several months later, we received another computerized bill for $0.00. We called again, got nowhere, so we sent another check for $0.00. A few weeks later we received another $5 refund with the same thank you.This went on every three months for two years. Now we are down to once a year and have given up trying to straighten this out. We just cash the $5 and forget about it.-- Linda K. R. in California

No comments: