Monday, June 30, 2008

Migraines

The homeopathic from Luyties, #233 works on my migraines every time! There are two things I want you to remember from this blog, and that is one of them. A bottle that will last years only costs me $8.49. But this is treating the symptoms. If you get migraines, consider the cause. It could be underlying food allergens that can be eliminated or managed. That is the second thing I want you to remember. Food, especially your favorite foods, can cause a lot of problems for people if they have a leaky gut. What is leaky gut? Let me explain and these visuals can help.





Cheese, milk, and beef....anything bovine... triggers migraines in me.




Digestive enzymes, taken when eating the beef products, can actually avoid the migraine completely. It works for me, it works for a lot of people. For example, if I am with friends and we are having burgers, ( I do so love a good greasy burger with friends!) I can chew up a few papaya tablets before or even during or even after eating the burger and the beef will be digested and not go through little microscopic tears and pockets in my gut, to then lodge in various places in my body, including my brain, thereby causing the migraine later.

And even after eating the offending food allergen, any person with food allergies can take digestive enzymes in between meals, for several days or weeks, to remove the offending food allergens lodged in their body. I have done this too. And it works. This is managing symptoms.

But if I don't do any of this, and I still get the migraines, I still have options.

Do you get these kinds of auras? This kind of a picture before the headache strikes?
The moment I get the auras. sort of like this drawing, or my vision gets fractured, and starts to go to black, I grab my homeopathic Luyties #233 and put four under my tongue.


The real trick to homeopathic medicine working, is to not talk or eat or drink anything for at least fifteen minutes. If I follow this, when the auras strike, I will not get the headache. If I do take the homeopathic medicine, when I get the headache, (because I didn't have the medicine handy), the headache will go away within about 20 minutes.


Yes, a variety of things can trigger migraines, but if you routinely get migraines, is it not worth checking out food allergens? Your wholistic health care practitioner undoubtedly practices any nutritional counseling. If so, they know about food allergy tests, from a variety of medical laboratories, to detect the underlying food allergens that could be triggering your migraines. You can order these from them, and although you will have to pay out of pocket for the test, it is well worth it! The actual knowledge and peace of mind to know exactly what is bothering you and how often you can or cannot eat the offending product. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
An important point to remember, is that your gut can heal to where you can eat the offending food again, without it triggering problems. You may only be able to eat it every 2-3 days, but at least that is a workable plan, and sooo much better than the debilitating symptoms created by food allergens wandering around in your body, looking for a place to call home. These are symptoms that include but are not limited to severe joint pain, ADD, ADHD, and migraines!

Yes, my mother has migraines, and yes, my dear daughter does as well. So, you say, the tendency to get migraines is inherited. OK. I will agree with that. However, tendency or not, I don't get migraines when I leave out all food allergens, in particular anything bovine (beef) from meat to milk, cheese and butter. And I would not have found this out without my food allergy panel from http://www.usbiotek.com/. You can find out more at not only their website, but also http://www.gdx.com/
There were two points I wanted you to remember from this blog. The fact you could have underlying food allergens creating the symptoms was but the second point. The first point was homeopathic migraine medicine works to eliminate the symptoms when they hit. What if you do nothing else after reading this blog but go to your healthfood store and buy it, all for about 9 dollars? Your life will probably be made considerably easier and better. (Remember, Luyties #233 is what I keep with me.) If it works for me, and many others, it might work for you and all you can do is try it.
Important things to know about homeopathics is that they
  1. are controlled by the FDA,
  2. there is so little of any active substance in them that it can be taken with pharmaceuticals with no fear of cross action, or interference, or side effects, and
  3. you can call the wholistic pharmacists at http://www.peoplesrx.com/ to confirm this.

So again, if you get migraines often, what do I want you to consider? Get a food allergy panel ordered by your wholistic health care practitioner. Food can be eliminated and/or managed. That is one. Two is, keep a bottle of homeopathic migraine medicine around always for when the symptoms first strike.

Now, to today's inspiration. It comes from Lisa Nichols, and you probably saw her on The Secret, the movie. Since stress can trigger migraines, consider this thought:

Giving yourself permission to fill your tank is not an indulgence. It's what you need to rejuvenate and recharge. This isn't optional. You need to fill yourself up so you can continue to serve others and stay in action.

(If I am not eating any offending food allergans, stress or not, I don't get migraines. )

No comments: