Monday, July 14, 2008

ADD/ADHD Barbra 3

More of Barbra's story for you:

For myself, before Dr. Witter got back my test results for food allergens, starting on a hypoglycemic diet vastly improved my clarity and energy. When my blood sugar came back borderline for hypoglycemia, Dr. Witter told me that normal ranges vary among people and put me on a diet eating small, balanced meals every 2-3 hours.

Then, because I was always fatigued, Dr. witter explained that my immune system was depleted from fighting the food allergens. ( Susan here: Your body doesn't know this is food that was supposed to be in your gut getting digested. It just sees the misplaced food particles throughout the body as being foreigners to be fought.) Dr. Witter began treating me in ways not medical doctor ever had. Being a chiropractor, she treated me with chiropractic adjustments. But she also treated me with vitamins and supplements, lymph drainage massage, acupuncture, acupressure, aromatherapy and mind/body techniques. In short, she eliminated what was taking a toll on my body--food allergens and improper diet--and began to build up my immune system with these other techniques. When you go to a doctor who practices natural medicine, you are treated with natural treatments. This was a new and delightful experience for me. and it all worked! I went from waking up tired, after ten or eleven hours of sleep, to feeling refreshed after only eight!

No comments: