Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Change and Natural Medicine

I don't much like change. If things are working, then I don't want them to change. And I like delegating a lot of my worries, like health care to a medical doctor, so that I don't have to be responsible for yet one more thing. I am like that. Are you?

the reason I am thinking this is because I am trying hard to figure out why so many of my close friends' eyes glaze over whenever I mention a natural remedies of any sort for anything. They certianly aren't all like this, but many are. Is it because they don't believe me? Or is it because they don't want to believe me? If what I am saying is true, then it means they have to think that maybe their medical doctor doesn't know everything. And that is scary. It means that they have yet one more problem to tack onto their list of worries, and they simply don't want to. It means change, and who wants change? Life is one big adjustment as it is.

My friends don't see natural medicine making their lives easier, but harder. It means delegating the worry of healthcare for themselves and their families away from their medical doctor (s) and onto themselves. It means venturing out and finding other doctors. All this is change. And it is time consuming, and worriesome.

Now, I just presume this is what is going on. Is it what is going on with you too?

No comments: