Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Depressed?: Grocery Stores


No, this isn't me. I found this picture on flickr. But it is a picture of a girl, depressed.

Back the year Curtis and I were separated and then divorced, a work colleague confided something to me during the Christmas season, something I would have never guessed. He said that during the holidays he can get depressed. Attractive, successful, young, I would have never have guessed. Just goes to show, we can all get depressed, huh? Then he added that when he does get depressed, he goes to the grocery store. He said that there, everyone will look at you and smile. As well, you are surrounded by all these different colors and sounds. He told me to do this if I too got depressed during the holidays. And he recommended Central Market or Whole Foods as the best, and most colorful to pop you out of sadness.

I gotta tell ya. It worked.

No comments: