Thursday, July 24, 2008

Depression: Rhodiola


I adore Rhodiola. I take it three times a day to control my blood sugar. Without it, I have hypoglycemia. With it, I do not. It is that simple.

I first started taking Rhodiola seven years ago. At the time I took it for problems I had sleeping. At that time I was told Rhodiola had been used in Russia for centuries before the fall of the Soviet Union. It had been used for mild depression, sleeplessness and panic attacks. And we were just finding out about it.

Since that time, we have found out that it helps so much more, including hormone regulation of all sorts. This includes our sex hormones. I myself use a combination of Rhodiola and ambrotose to regulate my female hormones. A the right amounts of each, I don't even need my compounded hormone cream any longer..... and I don't even have ovaries!

It makes sense that Rhodiola is working to help your pituitary and your hypothalamus doesn't it? I am sure there is literature out there, and I will find if for you.

Now, back to our topic of today, depression. If you go back and read my blog on Dr. Barry Sears Zone diet, then you know that a regulated sugar level in your blood can help control a variety of things including mild depression, just like my friends' story told us. So perhaps this is why Rhodiola cures mild depression so often in people?

We are finding out more and more that low blood sugar can also cause not just mild depression but sleeplessness and panic attacks. If you suffer from any of these, in particular if you have mild hypoglycemia also, try Rhodiola. What can it hurt you? About $25 for ten day supply (three capsules a day--New Chapter brand) and you may get the answers you need in that amount of time. If it works, what a small price for such a HUGE blessing!

Good Luck! Hang in there! I believe in you!!!

No comments: