Monday, July 7, 2008

ADD/ADHD Denise


Denise is a remarkable woman who did exactly what I talked about in my last email: she figured out on her own that exercise, and for her, music, can control her mental state. She agreed to an interview for my book, and here are a few excerpts you can use now.

"Yes, running helps me to get grounded and focused for the day--that's why I like to do it in the morning. It also helps me and is my medicine for my anxiety and mild mania/bipolar and depression. I am not diagnosed bi-polar personality, but a lot of my family are so I know what symptoms I recognize in myself. I have what I call mild mania which can get pretty bad if I do not run regularly, as does my anxiety."

...."My music is also therapeutic for me. When the running isn't enough, if I can get deeply engrossed in my music, it cures my depression, mania and/or anxiety."

..."I have read about, and have felt the actual chemical balance come back into my mental state after running and from working on my music. "

No comments: